About FinlandWay® Schools
FinlandWay® is a Finnish, fast-growing early childhood education franchise. Our goal is to provide quality early education for families around the world. FinlandWay® Schools follow the Finnish early childhood education curriculum and methodology.
We currently operate on three continents through our independent franchise schools and company-operated schools.
About Garodia FinlandWay®
Garodia FinlandWay® is FinlandWay®’s first preschool in India and offers a programme for 3-5 year old children.
It is part of Garodia International Center of Learning Mumbai – an international school with a strong educational heritage. The state-of-the-art campus, located in Ghatkopar covers education up to high school. With an emphasis on modern learning, using the world class FinlandWay®, Cambridge and International Baccalaureate curriculums, we enable students to become global citizens and future leaders.
In Pre-School, Primary and Secondary we strive for academic excellence including the development of artistic, creative, physical and emotional dimensions of each individual student. But, equally important is our commitment to developing a strong holistic education driven by the example of the GICLM Foundation’s originator: ‘Parmeshwari Devi Garodia’.
About the role
We are looking for a Head of Early Education to join the team in Garodia FinlandWay®, Mumbai, India.
The key responsibilities of this position are:
- Teacher training coordination, including facilitating the FinlandWay® training programme, giving feedback to teachers, overseeing the training process and supporting new schools to start their teacher training.
- Creating new procedures and practices to support the FinlandWay® programme in cooperation with FinlandWay teams in Mumbai and Helsinki.
- Supporting the learning environment according to the FinlandWay® Guidelines.
- Supporting communication with customers, informing parents and families about Finnish methodology and pedagogical practices.
- Supporting new FinlandWay® Start programs in schools in India in to get started with the practical application of Finnish methodology.
- Communicating with the teachers on a daily basis and being a face for the FinlandWay®. This includes speaking public about Finnish education and methodology, communicating with the parents and other stakeholders.
- Liaising with FinlandWay® and Garodia for all statutory and contractual compliances of the organisations.
In addition to working with Garodia FinlandWay®’s professional team you will communicate closely with the FinlandWay® team in Helsinki.
The candidate must have a Graduate/Post Graduate degree in Early Education. We expect you to have 3-4 years of experience as a Head of Vice-head of preschool/kindergarten and several years of working experience as a teacher in a Finnish daycare, especially at the pre-school level.
The role requires enthusiasm for customer-facing work, good communication skills, cultural sensitivity and a firm and solution-oriented attitude. Excellent English language skills are essential. The position is based in Mumbai, India so the candidate must be willing to work abroad.
Experience in teacher training and parental communication is required. The role includes a level of public speaking as part of teacher training and events, so you need to feel comfortable speaking in front of the audience. Also previous experience working abroad is considered beneficial but not a must, enthusiasm and readiness to travel and apply your knowledge and skills are considered more important.
This is a full-time role for a two years period starting in early 2022. Specific start date is agreed to with the selected candidate. The working language is English.
The successful candidate will be directly employed by Garodia FinlandWay® in India.
Salary level disagreed according to applicant’s experience. Employment benefits include:
- Flight tickets – economy class airfare at the commencement of the contract and after successful completion of the entire contract period of two years
- Mediclaim Policy within India covering Rs. 5 lacs per year
- Apartment rent
- Insurance for the period of stay
- Garodia FinlandWay’s team will support you with the visa process and practical challenges in relocationing.
How to apply?
Please send your application by the 21st of November latest to Miss. Satya Prabu by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Include your CV and cover letter in pdf format. In addition to telling about your relevant experience please focus on our motivation and why you decided to apply and describe your expectations for the role. Also, please include your salary request in USD.
We will do several rounds of interviews and you will also meet the FinlandWay® Helsinki team.
For more detailed information about the role, Garodia FinlandWay® and work-related practicalities, please contact Miss. Satya Prabu.
HP +91 8806639455 (WhatsApp call or message)
Office landline +91 02262277500 Ext: 536 –
Email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about the FinlandWay® concept, please contact Ms. Marika Poutiainen during the Finnish office hours. Contact information: 050 321 9696 (for WhatsApp Messages), email@example.com